Re: What can I replace this latching relay system with?

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> A simpler method would be to use a PLC such as X10 or Insteon (many
threads
> here describe problems with these) or an RF system such as Z-Wave.
> Unfortunately, each of these systems was designed for a somewhat different
> physical construction than what you have so each would involve some degree
> of kludging to make it work.

I would think it would be as simple as shunting past the relays so the
switch or outlet is always on and then controlling the loads via PLC or RF
off-the-shelf stuff.  You could always keep all relays energized, but why
waste the current if you can bypass them?  In any event, I believe it's
going to require creativity on the part of the OP.

--
Bobby G.