Re: INSTEON: Let the recalls begin ...

Insteon is still new and bugs are sure to appear. Had it not been for
the availability of the now discontinued X10 translator (2414X) I
wouldn't have jumped in. However, the X10 installation was getting
progressively worse to the point where my wife was getting annoyed with
it and my testing of UPB proved to be less than a reliable option.  I
ended up getting in on a developer's special from Smarthome which made
completion of the conversion an offer too good to pass up.

 Things have actually settled down to where, except fro running macros,
things are fairly stable now. The mysterious "reprogramming" corrected
itself and the flickering is a rare occurrence contained to just a few
loads. IOW, even without RoZetta (a "true" X10 translator) things are
actually better than the pre-Insteon X10 installation.

I concede that others may have more inconvenience or even costs in
replacing a houseful of modules but growing pains are there with any new
technology. As far as electrocuting oneself, hot wiring is neither good
for the heart OR the modules. ALWAYS kill the breaker on the circuit
you're working on - (do as I say, not as I do!).  They do warn you to
kill the power so I'm not sure they'd be held liable for someone not
following instructions.  BTW, they DO claim to have ETL approval.