Re: Receiving security RF codes from DS10A

It will probably be available as a bare board for those who want to save a
bit and are not daunted by 805 size SMT components (if a spastic, disabled
geezer can do it, anybody can) and also partially assembled with all of the
components and connectors needed for the basic unit including a socket for
the ZX-24 and DS1302 (RTC) but no ZX-24 or DS1302 chips or +5V *regulated*
power supply. The partially assembled unit will require you to plug in the
ZX-24 chip, plug in +5V *regulated* power, download the firmware, and start
telling Rosetta what you want done. If the supercapacitor for the DS1302
doesn't cost too much it will be preinstalled. That way the partially
preassembled units will need no soldering.

I doubt there will ever be a fully assembled unit as the margins on the
xPort and ZX-40 are too slim to justify having to deal with warranty issues.