Re: Receiving security RF codes from DS10A

At this point I'm not planning any big changes to the basic BX24-AHT
firmware so it will not handle escape codes. Once I can port it to the ZX-24
it will have more free EEPROM for user data and will have full-duplex serial
ports for those who want to build it using the ZX-24. As of now, only the
existing BasicX firmware is available. Once I finish Rosetta I'll look at
improving the BX24-AHT version by adding a piggyback daughterboard with
additional EEPROM for user data. But that may prove too ambitious for the
state of my health.

The ZX-24 uses a later Atmel processor which has more features and it also
does more with it, leaving more EEPROM free. It also has more external
interrupt pins but that's not a factor here since I only used one for the
AHT and won't use any for Rosetta.

Rosetta will allow you to use an escape code with MR26 codes. You can select
any NEC format code. Rosetta will also understand the ADI ASCII commands for
sending X-10. You will need to connect the Ocelot to one of Rosetta's serial
ports but you will be able to tell Rosetta to route data to/from the PC port
(or xPort) and to/from the Ocelot.

Using the MR26 eliminates FCC issues but it will still be DIY because the
major costs are the ZX-24 and xPort. Letting the end user buy them keeps the
total cost down. This might prove optimistic but I think it will cost about
$150 including xPort and a Polycase enclosure.

The circuit board will have a space for a Lantronix xPort. Buy it from
Mouser (~$50), solder it to the board (10 points), and set three jumpers. I
considered the Digi Me and Digi Wi Me but cannot find a retailer for them.

As for the name, I've always been a Ray Charles fan.