Re: Receiving security RF codes from DS10A

jmj1492@xxxxxxx wrote:

>The only device I know of that could receive and act on RF codes from
>the X10 security devices was Dave Houston's BX24-AHT (all house codes
>transceiver).
>
>This was a DIY project and preceeded the WGL - and was 100x more
>powerful.
>
>You might Google on BX24-AHT, or perhaps Dave will chime in here.
>
>Good Luck

Some circuit boards for the BX24-AHT will soon be available again along with
the firmware for the BX-24 and the Windows interface software. I've given
the inventory of boards, the firmware, software and docs to someone who
plans to make them available.

I am going to try to port the firmware to the ZX-24 which will improve it
significantly since the ZX-24 has full duplex software UARTs, more speed
(10x) and a more efficient compiler (more EEPROM available for user data). I
will try to release the ZX-24 source code as an App Note on the ZBasic
website. The ZX-24 eliminates most of the "gotchas" I ran into with the
BX-24.

Rosetta, which is the universal translator device I'm working on, will be
able to receive standard X-10 RF using an MR26 and both receive from and
send to anything that currently uses a TW523, a CM11A, 2414S, UPB PIM,
CPU-XA, Ocelot, Leopard, or any 9600 bps or less serial device which uses
ASCII. Rosetta will also have an optional Ethernet interface and hardware
RTC. I developed a replacement PIC for the MR26 which allows it to also
handle security RF a couple of years ago - I'll try to find a way to make
this available again as well for use with Rosetta. Rosetta will also use a
ZX-24. See the "translator question" thread for more on Rosetta.