Re: Receiving security RF codes from DS10A

> At this point I'm not planning any big changes to the basic BX24-AHT
> firmware so it will not handle escape codes.

Perhaps Jeff's new device will help me with that issue.

> Once I can port it to the ZX-24
> it will have more free EEPROM for user data and will have full-duplex
serial
> ports for those who want to build it using the ZX-24. As of now, only the
> existing BasicX firmware is available. Once I finish Rosetta I'll look at
> improving the BX24-AHT version by adding a piggyback daughterboard with
> additional EEPROM for user data. But that may prove too ambitious for the
> state of my health.

I think you're right to pursue the translator first.  It's a device that's
most likely to serve the largest HA audience, particularly with the
onslaught of all the new protocols.

> The ZX-24 uses a later Atmel processor which has more features and it also
> does more with it, leaving more EEPROM free. It also has more external
> interrupt pins but that's not a factor here since I only used one for the
> AHT and won't use any for Rosetta.
>
> Rosetta will allow you to use an escape code with MR26 codes. You can
select
> any NEC format code. Rosetta will also understand the ADI ASCII commands
for
> sending X-10. You will need to connect the Ocelot to one of Rosetta's
serial
> ports but you will be able to tell Rosetta to route data to/from the PC
port
> (or xPort) and to/from the Ocelot.

That's good.  ADI's RF capabilities are just about nil from what I can see.

> Using the MR26 eliminates FCC issues but it will still be DIY because the
> major costs are the ZX-24 and xPort. Letting the end user buy them keeps
the
> total cost down. This might prove optimistic but I think it will cost
about
> $150 including xPort and a Polycase enclosure.

That's not bad considering all that it does.  How difficult do you think it
will be to assemble?

> The circuit board will have a space for a Lantronix xPort. Buy it from
> Mouser (~$50), solder it to the board (10 points), and set three jumpers.
> considered the Digi Me and Digi Wi Me but cannot find a retailer for them.
>
> As for the name, I've always been a Ray Charles fan.

:-)

--
Bobby G.