Re: translator question

"John W" <Don't_Spam_Me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

 > > What happens to the currently executing C-MAX program
> > when you hook up to the PC to change a variable from the
> > computer.  Is it still running?  Is it paused?  Does it
> > need to be reloaded?
> >
> The CMAX program still keeps running while your PC is connected to it (in
> fact, HomeSeer stays connected all the time).  The program only needs to
be
> reloaded when you want to make a change to your program or if you reload
the
> Executor.  Changing timers, variables, or even resetting the clock do not
> affect its operation...

Or the lat or longitude as I found out!  I should have realized that the
Ocelot can indeed speak birectionally over its DB-9 port because that's how
Homeseer connects.  Your program has been running for several days now.
Interestingly enough some integer variables seemed to have reached max when
I do a variable dump.  I'll get back to CMAX as soon as I get this MUX
interconnection squared away.  It didn't make much sense to pursue the
Ocelot segment of the problem until I was sure I could actually control the
MUX via ASCII commands over a serial connection.

--
 Bobby G.