Re: translator question

news:43d96d96.395835687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip, snip, snip]
> >What concerns me the most about serial comms with the ADI devices
> >are comments that I have read implying there's no command buffering and
that
> >if serial data comes in too quickly, it will be lost.
>
> I don't recall any problems. other than allowing for an X10 command to
> complete before sending another.

Here's the comment I saw that worried me:

"Sending large messages may be a problem if the CAV6.6 is timing sensitive
in receiving commands since you'll need to concatenate multiple shorter
ASCII Bobcat messages together. Adding to the challenge is that the command
queue for the ASCII Bobcat doesn't appear to be buffered. If you send a
second message to the Bobcat before the first has been sent, the second
message will replace the first.

I've found that I need to wait two cycles through my C-Max code between
sending ASCII Bobcat messages in order for each message to be reliably sent.
You'll probably need to experiment to determine how many cycles are needed
for your situation. Hooking the ASCII Bobcat up to a serial terminal can be
an invaluable tool for determining the needed cycle count.

Hope this helps,
-Bill "

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=0003
61