Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:12:57 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:
> Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:43:47 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> Aside from the Digital I/O module (with SAF=-10), they seem to have about
>>> the same lineup.
>>
>>Thanks Dave, that -10 really hurts, ouch!
>
> A rats nest of wires from the module to the switches and devices it
> interfaces with will not meet with approval.
>
>>BTW, still working with Insteon on the license. Hopefully we can make
>>a dent.
>
> As I suggested earlier, they should allow anyone to say their product works
> with Insteon but only allow those who submit to their testing to use an
> "Insteon Certified" logo. HomePlug does it that way and some big names have
> foregone the "HomePlug Certified" logo.

I think they really mean it to be that way as my software will not be
certified and they were only worried about me using their name in my
software title. Origianally it was called insteond but I've since
renamed it iplcd. I'll try talk to them about that.

> Or I could just get another starter kit and a $20 Radiometrix programmable
> RF module - then reverse engineer and publish the protocol. ;)

Never underestimate the abilities of a person who can think backwards!
;-)

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site