Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:02:30 -0600, Gymfolks wrote:
>> Thanks to all of you for the info.
>>
>> This is my read so far....(a GENERALIZATION), tell me if I have it right.
>> X-10 or X-10 based items can and do work, but there MAY BE occasions where
>> they aren't always super reliable.
>>
>> Insteon and UPB looks promising, however Insteon is so new that there are
>> relatively few devices available.  So, UPB now gets a closer look.
>>
>> Will all manufacturers of UPB devices function with each other (are they at
>> least supposed to?)?  How does HAI stuff stack up to other UPB manufactures?
>
>Does UPB have that many devices? Honest, I don't know.

I don't think so.

Here's SimplyAutomated's list...

     http://www.simply-automated.com/products/index.html

Here's Insteon's list...

     http://www.insteon.net/products.html

Here's SmartHome's Insteon list...

     http://www.smarthome.com/prodindex.asp?catID=74&sa=1&s=

Aside from the Digital I/O module (with SAF=-10), they seem to have about
the same lineup.