Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:43:47 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:

[snip]

>> Aside from the Digital I/O module (with SAF=-10), they seem to have about
>> the same lineup.
>
>Thanks Dave, that -10 really hurts, ouch!

A rats nest of wires from the module to the switches and devices it
interfaces with will not meet with approval.

>BTW, still working with Insteon on the license. Hopefully we can make
>a dent.

As I suggested earlier, they should allow anyone to say their product works
with Insteon but only allow those who submit to their testing to use an
"Insteon Certified" logo. HomePlug does it that way and some big names have
foregone the "HomePlug Certified" logo.

Or I could just get another starter kit and a $20 Radiometrix programmable
RF module - then reverse engineer and publish the protocol. ;)