Re: Need programmable LCD touchpad

> This product is in early production.

Didn't they announce this this ages ago?  And it's still not in production?

What price point are they talking for it?

> It's less expensive than putting a Leopard in each room, but perhaps
> not as inexpensive as you'd like. Feature-wise, though, it's pretty
> cool. For example, you can play video over them, show a Now Playing
> cover art for music currently playing in that room, etc.

I think the stopping point for most LCD keypads or other 'in-room'
touchscreen devices is definitely things like motion video.  Users are
rather spoiled in their expectations, if it's not a plain text LCD screen
they'd expect it to have TV-like capabilities.  Everyone wants crestron
features but not at their hideously expensive pricing.  TAANSTAAFL.

-Bill Kearney