Re: Need programmable LCD touchpad

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think the stopping point for most LCD keypads or other 'in-room'
>touchscreen devices is definitely things like motion video.  Users are
>rather spoiled in their expectations, if it's not a plain text LCD screen
>they'd expect it to have TV-like capabilities.  Everyone wants crestron
>features but not at their hideously expensive pricing.  TAANSTAAFL.

And there are some rather inexpensive TVs with touchscreens for the
automotive market. Unfortunately, they use USB for the touchscreen interface
so don't lend themselves to in-house, in-wall use with long wire runs.

For simple graphics and text, the BasicAtom (yet another BasicStamp clone)
has NTSC output.