Re: Insteon with 400amp service (2 panels)

Glad to hear you got the defective units sorted out. As background,
Cutler-Hammer load centers use the alternating leg arrangement as
described in an earlier post. Specifically:

 AA
 BB
 AA
 BB
 etc

 When you get the new RF repeaters plug one in and press and hold the
side button for more than 10 seconds. When you let go the light should
be blinking.  Take the other one and try other outlets till it blinks
quickly (I had to try more than 5).  DO NOT press the button on the one
you just plugged in. Leave it alone and go back tot he first one and
press the button once. Both will stop flashing.  As for needing more on
legs from the other panel, you may or may not - you can'r assume
anything.
 One determining factor is where the panels are fed from. Are both fed
from a common meter? If so, you probably will not need extra repeaters.
If they are fed from different meters but the transformer is close by
you may not need more. However, if the transformer is far away or in the
unusual event that your home is fed from different transformers you will
most likely need more.

From:Someone
nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx