Re: Trash-Bot

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:04:01 -0800, Nehmo wrote:

> Power
> Everything is operated on a 12 Volt DC system provided by a standard
> car battery. Recharging is via an inductive coupling at Home.

Well, however you do it, don't use a "car" battery. They're optimized
for "cold cranking amps", but not for deep discharge. Use wheelchair
batteries, golf cart batteries, trailer batteries, boat batteries, any
kind of "deep cycle" battery, but _don't_ use a car battery.

I'm curious - is this a one-off for home use, or are you talking about
fielding an actual product for market?

Good Luck!
Rich