Re: Trash-Bot

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43D0E329.2261AD8F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of making a trash can/bag transporter robot, something for
>> residential use, where trash is picked up once a week by the curb. This
>> device would be a low flat container that would hold garbage bags and
>> cans. When trash day comes, the robot would open a gate (gate has
>> electrical power opener), then drive itself down the driveway to the
>> curb. The trash gets picked up, and then the robot returns to its
>> primary duty station, where it's connected to a recharger.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Is this so that Americans can get fatter still by taking even less
> exercise
> ?
>
> My suggestion is that your idea's stupid.

Not all us Americans are fat...  some are disabled and can't walk, so this
device could be quite useful.  The problems are that you need a buried wire
or some means of guiding it, or an expensive differential GPS system.  The
thing has got to know where it is, and you can't do it by dead reckoning.
Another problem is that the unit might get thrown away with the trash, or
that someone would steal it.  Also, if a baby is lying on the ground in
front if it, and its litigious mother is nearby watching, are you confident
you'll remain financially solvent?  All these are common problems to robots
you send away on errands and expect to come back.

Mike Ross