Re: Trash-Bot

>  don't use a "car" battery. They're optimized
> for "cold cranking amps", but not for deep discharge. Use wheelchair
> batteries, golf cart batteries, trailer batteries, boat batteries, any
> kind of "deep cycle" battery, but _don't_ use a car battery.

  You are correct in that a deep-cycle battery is preferable to a "car"
battery, which are optimized for the quick discharge.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question219.htm . But the demands are low
in this situation, so the choice isn't critical. A cheaper 12 V
lead-acid battery of almost any type would do.

I chose 12 V because there are plenty of really-available components
that work at that voltage.

> I'm curious - is this a one-off for home use, or are you talking about
> fielding an actual product for market?

   I basically want to make a working thing, and I'm in the design &
engineering phase. I can assess market potential after I have a working
prototype. I'm not concentrating on that now. For now, I'm working with
the concept that this is a one-off project.
--
          (||) Nehmo (||)