Re: ControlLinc Maxi

"random735" <random735@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I definitely agree with you in general about the need/usefulness of
> this item, but since you keep complaining about needing a
> screwdriver...are you aware of this product?

http://www.smarthome.com/4824r.html

<stuff snipped>

Own a bag full.  Won't work on UR24s, Maxicontrollers and some the older
PalmPads.  Since the primary X-10 controllers here are UR24's and X-10
Maxi's, they were interesting, but not very useful as they are small and
hard to grab.  Thanks for the pointer, though.

I've glued a tiny neodynium magnet fragment to the sides of all the PalmPads
I have.  It, it turn, holds a standard paper clip which works remarkably
well to turn the PalmPad dials.  The new ControlLinc Maxi's going to be a
lot more convenient to use since I can just push P 1 ON or A 2 OFF and never
have to reach for a twistbutton, a screwdriver or a paperclip!

--
Bobby G.