Re: Deer camera for cars?

In article <8IednaQaHolJPHLeRVn-qQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have a trail c amera that takes pictured of deer walking down trails
> > in the woods.  I would like to use it to take pictures of vehicles
> > entering/leaving my driveway.  I thought the engine heat would trigger
> > the IR sensor but there is a problem.  Although the camera can sense a
> > deer 30' away it doesn't seem to be able to find my car at close range.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Deer move slow, cars don't.  The sensor in the trail camera isn't designed
> to detect the much larger and usually much faster-moving target that an auto
> would represent.
>
> Better choice might be to use a video camera setup that uses motion
> detection.  Given how large disk drives are these days it wouldn't be too
> much data.
>
> What are you trying to monitor?

Trying to monitor cars going thru my gate, which might be open or
closed.  Area has no electricity, which is why I'm trying the trail deer
camera.  What would work better?  I prefer longer range to keep the
camera out of sight (and theft).

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/