Deer camera for cars?

I have a trail c amera that takes pictured of deer walking down trails
in the woods.  I would like to use it to take pictures of vehicles
entering/leaving my driveway.  I thought the engine heat would trigger
the IR sensor but there is a problem.  Although the camera can sense a
deer 30' away it doesn't seem to be able to find my car at close range.
Any ideas?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/