Re: Deer camera for cars?

> I have a trail c amera that takes pictured of deer walking down trails
> in the woods.  I would like to use it to take pictures of vehicles
> entering/leaving my driveway.  I thought the engine heat would trigger
> the IR sensor but there is a problem.  Although the camera can sense a
> deer 30' away it doesn't seem to be able to find my car at close range.
> Any ideas?

Deer move slow, cars don't.  The sensor in the trail camera isn't designed
to detect the much larger and usually much faster-moving target that an auto
would represent.

Better choice might be to use a video camera setup that uses motion
detection.  Given how large disk drives are these days it wouldn't be too
much data.

What are you trying to monitor?