Re: Best format to post schematics?

In article <JsHLf.3643$SG5.1690@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kurt Delaney" <kurt_dot_delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Can you "print" directly to a PDF?  I think the problem you are seeing is
>that you are using your application to create a .png file, which is raster
>graphics.  Then you are trying to convert that file into an Acrobat file.
>That will never work well, because the original vector graphics information
>was lost during the rasterization process of saving it to a .png.
>
>If you have Acrobat installed, you should have a virtual Acrobat printer
>available.  When you "print" to that virtual printer, the vector information
>should be passed to Acrobat, and then Acrobat will create a much better
>document;  one that can be scaled easily w/o artifacts and will be much
>smaller in size.
>
>Kurt

I'll try that later. I don't see how one can use PNG to print directly,
and get readable results, unless you zoom and print multable sections.

I saw Jpeg artifacts when i converted that PNG page to Acrobat.
PNG is supposed to be lossless, yet I saw artifacts during this conversion.

I'll fool around when I get a chance.
greg