Re: Basic HAI Omni system information

Larry,

See comments below.

L. M. Rappaport wrote:
> On 13 Feb 2006 16:59:13 -0800, "Dennis" <djr-google.djrlar@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote (with possible editing):
>
> >Although I have read the system manuals for the Omni systems and the PC
> >ACCESS software, I find I still have no idea how even basic tasks are
> >configured and setup. For instance:
> >
> >How do you define an alarm zone as exterior or interior, NC/NO or both,
> >and which of the arming selections would include this zone.
>
> To select zone type:
>
> Setup -> Installer -> Zones
> Select Zone
> Select Type from Dropdown
>
> You can make a zone NC, NO but not both.  Fire, Utility are NO,
> Perimeter, Away Int, Night Int, Entry/Exit (all burglary), etc. are
> NC.
***
Apparently in the demo version of the software, the option you
indicated is not present.  Thanks for clarifying this point.

The documentation indicates that zones can be included/excluded from
each of the various arming types.  This must also be setup under this
same installer option, correct?
***

> >In the programming area, how would you program:  If any exterior zone
> >changes status, open to closed, etc, send an X10 A1 unit on signal.
>
> When a zone changes status, it simply reverses its normal
> configuration.  Thus NO becomes closed and NC becomes open.  This is
> expressed as READY or NOT READY.  READY for a NO zone is NO, NOT READY
> is closed; i.e., the opposite of its N (normal) status.  You use the
> COMMAND section of the statement to do whatever you want.  And, of
> course, there is the IF (or two IF statements if an OP2) to add a
> condition.
>
> Thus a statement looks like this:
>
> WHEN <- indicates when something changes, you indicate what that is.
> IF <- this condition must be true
> COMMAND <- do something.
>
> Examples
>
> When Kitchen Motion Detector NOT READY &IF DARK Kitchen Lights ON for
> 5 MINUTES
>
> Means that when the kitchen motion detector sees some movement and if
> it is also dark, then turn on the kitchen lights for 5 minutes.
>
> This uses an X10 command to turn on the kitchen lights at night when
> you walk into the kitchen.
>
> Another:
>
> 11:00 PM MTWTFSS: Porch Lt OFF
>
> Which means that at 11:00 every night (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.) Turn off
> the porch light.
>
> All of this assumes the PCAccess interface.  Does that help?

***

Yes,  but is there a way to handle groups of sensors, such as:

'When any door sensor not ready sound chime

to sound a chime when any door is opened.

Thanks
Dennis

***>