Re: Basic HAI Omni system information

On 13 Feb 2006 16:59:13 -0800, "Dennis" <djr-google.djrlar@xxxxxxxx>
wrote (with possible editing):

>Although I have read the system manuals for the Omni systems and the PC
>ACCESS software, I find I still have no idea how even basic tasks are
>configured and setup. For instance:
>
>How do you define an alarm zone as exterior or interior, NC/NO or both,
>and which of the arming selections would include this zone.

To select zone type:

Setup -> Installer -> Zones
Select Zone
Select Type from Dropdown

You can make a zone NC, NO but not both.  Fire, Utility are NO,
Perimeter, Away Int, Night Int, Entry/Exit (all burglary), etc. are
NC.

>In the programming area, how would you program:  If any exterior zone
>changes status, open to closed, etc, send an X10 A1 unit on signal.

When a zone changes status, it simply reverses its normal
configuration.  Thus NO becomes closed and NC becomes open.  This is
expressed as READY or NOT READY.  READY for a NO zone is NO, NOT READY
is closed; i.e., the opposite of its N (normal) status.  You use the
COMMAND section of the statement to do whatever you want.  And, of
course, there is the IF (or two IF statements if an OP2) to add a
condition.

Thus a statement looks like this:

WHEN <- indicates when something changes, you indicate what that is.
IF <- this condition must be true
COMMAND <- do something.

Examples

When Kitchen Motion Detector NOT READY &IF DARK Kitchen Lights ON for
5 MINUTES

Means that when the kitchen motion detector sees some movement and if
it is also dark, then turn on the kitchen lights for 5 minutes.

This uses an X10 command to turn on the kitchen lights at night when
you walk into the kitchen.

Another:

11:00 PM MTWTFSS: Porch Lt OFF

Which means that at 11:00 every night (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.) Turn off
the porch light.

All of this assumes the PCAccess interface.  Does that help?

--

Larry
rapp@xxxxxxx