Re: is x10.com dead?

> Lutron has been around a long time and has a HUGE
> base of installed commercial and architectural controls.
> I think it will be a long time before you won't be able
> to find a replacement part. On the other hand, I don't
> think it will be cheap.

The size of the company isn't the issue.  It only takes an
assessment by the board that their PER would improve if they drop
the line and it's gone.  For example, consider the case of Aetna
insurance.  They were making a fine profit on numerous lines but
Ron Compton (now ex-CEO) convinced the board of directors that
they could increase their price-earnings ratio by dropping more
than half of their business.  In a very short time they stopped
providing coverage to hundreds of thousands of customers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.