Re: is x10.com dead?

"Instead of X-10 just pick solution that
doesn't depend on it's unreliable protocols and poorly made devices.
You're
apologizing for a solution that I've found to be completely unsuitable,
on
several fronts; quality, technical engineering and usability.  Why is
it
X-10 needs so much apologizing for it?"

It is obvious you have had problems with X10 and simply don't like it.
Likewise I have had a good experience and consider X10 great value for
the money.   The protocal works fine for me and I have had devices
installed for years and operating perfectly.  Quality and usability
therefore rate highly in my book.  I have not done a technical design
review, but real world experience tells me that the design works.
Guess we have to agree to disagree.  We are both entitled to our
respective opinions.  Let those who come to this thread decide for
themselves whether or not X10 is for them.  I don't see the need for
X10 to apologize for anything, nor do I feel the need to apologize for
X10.  A GOOD analogy is the selection and purchase of a car.  I am sure
that I can find previous Volvo owners that would council all who will
listen not to buy a Volvo, likewise for SAAB.  I own both and would buy
another in a heartbeat.  Now ask me about a Ford and I will tell you of
personal, bad experiences with body designs that rust through
prematurely, electronics that don't work properly or reliably, build
quality that borders on outrageous, and lack of fitness for use. Good
experiences make advocates, poor experiences make critics.