Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites?

>> I see it still bothers you that you can't get an electrical license in FL because of your unfortunate criminal record.  Gee
>> that's too bad.
>
> See, I, for one, am hesitant to hire people
> who proclaim "I am a licensed electrician!"
> I've seen way too many "licensed electricians"
> befuddled by a three way circuit or a switch-
> leg. I also know somone.. great guy, good friend of mine. Dumb as a brick. Passed the
> licensing exam, can't strip a wire without
> knicking it and doesn't understand why that's
> bad.

You need to understand that "Frog" is just another alias of one of the ASA idiots.  He's lying (of course).  Nothing in Florida
statutes prevents me from getting an electrical license.  However, I wouldn't take the pay cut.  I installed security and HA systems
for 24 years and I've been in the trade just shy of 30 years.  The ASA lunatics hate me for talking about the ills of the industry
and for offering DIY end users ways to circumvent alarm companies.  For some reason that upsets them.  :^)

> I therefor have no respect for the license,
> and a lot of respect for experience. YMMV.

I held an electrical contractor's license for many years without a single complaint until the guy who calls himself "Group
Moderator" (a competitor named Michael Sabodish who hangs out on ASA mostly) filed a false complaint.  It was dismissed as baseless.
Now he spends his time filling in complaints to the BBB and reporting the "count".

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics