Re: Dedicated Z-wave sites?

E. Lee Dickinson wrote:
> "Frog" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Robber Lying Bass wrote:
>>
>>> As to paid installers, I have little or no interest in them.  Some are
>>> talented and honest but far too many are of the sort from the "other"
>>> newsgroup that regularly pollute this one.  Very few have both the
>>> technical skill and the personal integrity to get my endorsement.
>> I see it still bothers you that you can't get an electrical license in FL
>> because of your unfortunate criminal record.  Gee that's too bad.
>
> See, I, for one, am hesitant to hire people who proclaim "I am a licensed
> electrician!" I've seen way too many "licensed electricians" befuddled by a
> three way circuit or a switch-leg. I also know somoene.. great guy, good
> friend of mine. Dumb as a brick. Passed the licensing exam, can't strip a
> wire without knicking it and doesn't understand why that's bad.
>
> I therefor have no respect for the license, and a lot of respect for
> experience. YMMV.

That's gotta be on par with a bassism.  kinda hard to get any experience
without the license though isn't it.  Seeing as it's illegal to do that
kind of work without one.  Plus the guy with the license who is in that
business will warranty his work if he wants to continue to get any in
the areas he works in.
So who do you hire,  illegal aliens, alcoholics. crack heads, anybody
off the street and hope they know what they are doing?  Anybody but a
licensed electrician?  People who claim " I am not an electrician but I
play one on usenet? and I can tell you how to do it in a phone
conversation in 20 minutes"  Good luck with that. YMMV