Re: XTB-II Options

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
><stuff snipped>
>
>> TM751s on opposite phases will _ALWAYS_ transmit 1/2 cycle out of step on
>> unit codes 1 & 9, guaranteeing PLC collisions. On the same phase, you can
>> have as many as desired (at least to the point where multiple PLC
>> transmitters attenuate the signal too much).
>
>What I am trying to describe is a situation where two TM751's *don't*
>receive the RF command simultaneously.

Not likely, but possible. Each RF code takes about 105mS to transmit. I
haven't tested all the various transceivers but the RR501 starts to transmit
PLC after that 105mS. It takes 367mS to transmit and most RF codes result in
both an address and ON or OFF. There's an apparent bug in the RR501 firmware
as it reacts to the first and third copy of the RF always sending a longer
DIM sequence than does a TM751 in response to a 5 copy code burst.

If your spouse sinks RF, you definitely want to avoid Z-Wave with its
complex router tables that must adjust on-the-fly to such disruptions. ;-)

>I'll buy that for sure!  How many RF commands are sent with a one second
>push of a PalmPad button?  Just five or does it send as long as you hold
>down the button?

They transmit as long as the button is down. You should remember that,
having tracked down stuck buttons.

http://davehouston.net