Re: XTB-II Options

news:457e6f71.688663000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> ><stuff snipped>
> >
> >> TM751s on opposite phases will _ALWAYS_ transmit 1/2 cycle out of step
on
> >> unit codes 1 & 9, guaranteeing PLC collisions. On the same phase, you
can
> >> have as many as desired (at least to the point where multiple PLC
> >> transmitters attenuate the signal too much).
> >
> >What I am trying to describe is a situation where two TM751's *don't*
> >receive the RF command simultaneously.
>
> Not likely, but possible. Each RF code takes about 105mS to transmit. I
> haven't tested all the various transceivers but the RR501 starts to
transmit
> PLC after that 105mS. It takes 367mS to transmit and most RF codes result
in
> both an address and ON or OFF. There's an apparent bug in the RR501
firmware
> as it reacts to the first and third copy of the RF always sending a longer
> DIM sequence than does a TM751 in response to a 5 copy code burst.
>
> If your spouse sinks RF, you definitely want to avoid Z-Wave with its
> complex router tables that must adjust on-the-fly to such disruptions. ;-)

I ruled Z-wave out a while back. (-:  All I knew is that when the collisions
began, they had to be stopped in a hurry.  They had as much negative SAF as
a stuck PalmPad.  Collisions would either cause total non-responses or
worse, still, unintended responses.

One thing that might have been an issue is that early on, I had TM751's of
various firmware versions (PG0485, P10081D and some others).  When I finally
acquired enough of them from Ebay to use a united (and most recent,
according to date codes) firmware P10485B across the board, some of the
collisions disappeared.  Now I very, very rarely see any BSC/BBK codes from
the Monterey.  What I *do* see is nice big fat signal levels, four or five
times greater than before implementing the XTB's.

In the very beginning I was also using Radio Shack RR-501 look-a-likes with
a RS 61-2675 stock number.  Some had four position slide switches, others,
two.  They worked well with the old pager-style belt clip transmitter but
not so nicely with the newer keyfobs.

> >I'll buy that for sure!  How many RF commands are sent with a one second
> >push of a PalmPad button?  Just five or does it send as long as you hold
> >down the button?
>
> They transmit as long as the button is down. You should remember that,
> having tracked down stuck buttons.

Duh.  I knew that!

--
Bobby G.