Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"sylvan butler" <ZsdbUse1+noZs_0612@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> With that said, my X10 system is misbehaving, and yes, it is
> frustrating!  :)  However, at my price point it is X10 or nothing, so
> X10 it is.  And I have corresponding expectations.

That sums it up nicely.  I put up with a lot to save a lot.  As long as X-10
problems are still solvable, I am willing to do the work (and have the
tools) to troubleshoot them.  The benefits outweigh the frustration.  If I
had some sort of X-10 RF meter that worked the way the ESM1 or the Monterey
did, I would consider my troubleshooting toolkit complete.

> IMHO X10 does themselves a disservice by hiding the troubleshooting
> information and even the official documentation of potential problems
> behind their "Pro" site.

I don't know of many manufacturers who market their products any other way!

--
Bobby G.