Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

> Only a hardwired system can be guaranteed
> to be virtually 100% reliable (assuming power
> is available).  Everything else is at the mercy
> of other devices communicating over the
> same medium.

I think that is the point, Jeff.  While X10 certainly can be made to work with enough tweaking, filtering, etc., it is a medium that
is prone to problems.  Even experienced users frequently start lengthy threads here about problems with lost signals, failed
components and stuff turning on/off for no apparent reason.

No doubt you're able to successfully maintain your X10 stuff.  But most people, even most DIYers I know, just don't want to put up
with the quirky behavior of X10.  The goal in designing a system is to make it work "out of the box" and continue to function,
regardless what new PC's, UPS's or other gear one acquires down the road.  In this respect, IMO X10 fails miserably.  I don't use it
and I won't recommend it to customers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass