Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

Robo wrote:
> "Frank Olson"
> "Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>It wasn't.  The answer is always couched in specific wording involving a
>>"fire alarm system".  A resi-burg panel
>

> For the sake of accuracy it is a resi burg/fire panel.
>

> is *not* a listed fire alarm
>
>>system unless, of course, you *install* it as such.
>

> make up you mind Frank.  you appear to be talking out of both sides of your
> mouth at the same time.
> the op it was to be a fire alarm.

No.  The OP stated he was hooking up an Omni II and was wondering what
kind of smoke alarms to go with - two wire or four wire.  He didn't
specifically state he was hooking up a fire alarm system.  I understood
him to mean he was installing a burg system in a new construction.

> If an insurance company wanted added a
> fire alarm to a burg panel I would not use an unlisted relay hooked to his
> 110v smokes to accomplish that and neither would you if you are really a
> business owner as you say.

You are correct.  And I believe I stated as such early on in the thread.
  The OP asked whether-or-not he could hook up his 110VAC smoke alarms
to his burg panel.  You have to re-read what I wrote in response.  I
won't re-hash this whole thread.

> If there was a loss on a million dollar house
> and they found out you had cobbled together a fire alarm out of misc parts
> not listed for the application you would be in trouble.

Horse twaddle.  First and foremost I would never do such a thing.  This
is a DIY job and anything goes.  Besides which neither you or Robert
have provided the specific wording in the code that prohibits this kind
of connection.  A "definition" is hardly anything to go on.  I can call
my home alarm system anything I want.  At the end of the day it's just a
resi-burg panel that happens to carry a ULC sticker which allows it to
be used in a very specific application.  You're "missing the boat" here
just as Robert has.

> This stalking of
> RLB by you is becoming an ugly business.

Robert wasn't even posting in this thread and he decided to stick his
nose in.