Re: roZetta Status

C-Bus has 2 hardware devices for interfacing external computers.

Both use the same protocol, one is serial RS232 and the other is
ethernet.

A public release version of the protocol (read not fully published,
some secrets held back) is available for free by registering with the
link that Frank gave you.

There is however likely to be a catch. That protocol is released to an
individual for their own use, you are not allowed to release a broduct
based on it. It's in the agreement.

I bumped into this when writing the C-Bus driver for CQC, but I did
manage to get around it. Clipsal agreed to let me distribute my work,
so long as anybody I gave it to had also been granted access to the
public release protocol.

In your case it might be slightly different so long as you don't ever
release the source code for general consumption. All CQC drivers are
distributed as source to encourage development.

Clipsals preferred interfacing method is via an intemediate product
called C-Gate that allows socket connections to an in memory object
model. Very powerful, but very complex and you now need a PC as well.

Cheers

Rohan

--
rhamer

'HAMFIELD' (http://www.hamfield.com.au)
Industry Supplier of Automation Solutions
for the Home and Small Business.
Authorised 'CQC' (http://www.charmedquark.com) Integrator Partner.