Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

> I've asked Robert to post the specific wording that supports his
> argument many times.  He keeps falling back on the phrase
> "fire alarm system".  I'm tired of having to correct this same
> mistake but as long as he continues to spout such nonsense,
> I don't have a choice...

I rely on code in defining what is or is not a fire alarm system.  The
NFPA's definition follows:

" Fire Alarm System. A system or portion of a combination system that
consists of components and circuits arranged to monitor and annunciate
the status of fire alarm or supervisory signal-initiating devices and
to initiate the appropriate response to those signals.
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code=AE"

Perhaps the gentleman would care to explain where the code exempts
"self-installed" alarm systems or perhaps where it exempts residential
systems from compliance with the general standards of component
listings.  I've read every word of that code several times and for the
life of me I can't seem to locate those exemptions.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com