Re: PC Driven MP3 Players

> Thanks for the feedback Bill - that's exactly the sort of thing I was
looking
> for.  I had run across a mention of Media Center in an online forum and it
> looked pretty good.  SIIG makes a USB sound card (the SoundWave Optical
5.1)
> that also looks pretty good, but when I asked their Technical Support if I
> could run multiple units, they said "no - it's a Windows limitation", so I
> didn't pursue it.  Glad to hear that it really works.

Well, not all USB devices are created equal.  I found the old Creative MP3
Blaster to be a reliable one.  As opposed to the abomination they call the
Extigy.  It's certainly a matter of drivers.  Some drivers don't support
more than one instance of their hardware.  Or they don't distinguish the
names of the devices so you can't "tell" which one you're controlling.  Read
the J.River forums to see what devices to consider.  DO NOT just assume some
favorite card is going to work.  MC11 is pretty full-featured but it can't
make up for crappy drivers.