Re: PC Driven MP3 Players

> If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear about them.  A solid, reliable
> solution is more important to me than cost.

I use a PC running J.River's Media Center version 11 with multiple USB sound
cards.  Each as it's own zone, tied into a Russound CAV6.6.  MC11 is about
the only app that reliably handles multiple zones properly.  Each one gets
it's own playlist.  I've run it on machines as basic as a P3/800 and it
worked reasonably well for 4 zones, but even then the CPU didn't get much
above 50%.

-Bill Kearney