Avermedia NV5000 experience?

Anyone here have experience with the Avermedia NV5000 DVR card? Wondering
specifically if the software will not take over the PC like my
Diginet/kodicomm, and allow me to use it as a 2nd video renderer

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/