Re: 1-wire to USB converter that can use 1820s directly

> And is quite convenient for stuff like the fridges
> and freezers, it'll go past the door seals fine.

There's actually some flat wire (really flat) that does this even better.  It
has the added advantage of being adhesive-backed, obviating the need for staples
and the risk of injuring your wire with them.  The stuff is primarily intended
for use with stereo systems being installed in existing homes without attic /
basement access.  It's kind of pricey but it works very well and if you paint
over it the stuff disappears.  I don't sell it but if you're interested I'd be
glad to locate a source for you.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.