Re: Inject text alerts into a CATV system

Dave Houston wrote:

>So how did you end up in Fresno from Palos Verdes Estates? Most migration
>paths go in the other direction.
>
>I lived in Long Beach for a few years and my job took me from there to
>Chicago - a move I would never have made of my own volition.

Jim answered Dave:
My wife and I decided in 1981 to take some real estate profits and flee
the LA area with our young family.  We both were working for our own
computer consulting firm and thought we could do OK outside of the smog
and we knew the kids would.

We moved to a mountain home about 55 miles east of Fresno that you could
actually locate by drawing a straight line on a forest service map
between Yosemite and Sequoia National park headquarters and then
dividing that line into two equal pieces.  We lived on the mountain
until we found that the kids education was suffering in the very small
schools available.

Now that the kids are gone, well sortof, we can't go back up on the
mountain because of my COPD.  All that LA smog and my smoking caught up
with me.  My wife is still working as a teacher (Computer Info Systems)
at Fresno City College and does not plan to retire for at least another
5 years.

--
Jim Baber
Email jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx