Re: Inject text alerts into a CATV system

Jim wrote:

Robert L Bass wrote:
snip

> <>I once saw a cat that had been trained to use the toilet. Training
> the cat to
> do it was interesting because they really like to go in the litter
> box. The
> cat's person placed some kind of stretchy cellophane over the toilet
> bowl (lid
> up) and poured some clean litter into the center. The cat would do its
> business
> standing on the edge of the bowl. How she got the cat to start is
> anybody's
> guess. After a while the woman added less and less litter and left a
> greater
> and greater depression in the plastic. Eventually she did away with the
> cellophane and litter and the cat would simply drop it's waste into
> the toilet. --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

When I was much younger and had just gotten out of the USAF, I moved to
my parents home temporarily.  About the third day I was home, I came
back to the house about 1:30 AM to find 10 or 15 various police and
sheriffs cars gathered on my parents block in Palos Verdes Estates in
the southwestern part of Los Angeles county.  Being a curious sort I
asked what was going on, when an officer stopped me from going to the
house.  I was told that there had been another sighting of a black
panther, that had been reported several times earlier.  He allowed me to
proceed to the house, and when I had parked in the drive, I noticed one
of the neighbors standing out at the street a couple of doors up the
street, so I walked up to see what he knew.

I noticed that he seemed unusually agitated, so I asked if I could help
him.  He said that he was worried that one of the neighbors had seen his
pet cat and called the authorities.  I commented that seemed a little
far fetched. But then he took me in and showed me his 300 pound mountain
lion.  That tame cat acted like a well behaved pet dog,  but when I
commented that I wouldn't want to cleanup it's cat box, he showed me how
that cat used the toilet.  I had forgotten that incident until Robert's
tale. So, I'll believe Robert this time.  By the way; they did kill the
panther about 2 weeks later and someone did eventually report my
neighbor's illegal mountain lion.

--
Jim Baber
Email jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx