Re: Running Audio Over Home Network

Shortly after I posted, I rummaged through my parts bin and discovered
I had all the connectors I needed.  The bad news is that the sound
level was VERY low, even on a 5 foot test run.  Over the full distance,
it was barely audible.

One of the connectors is suspect, so perhaps I should replace it, but
several hours of work leading to basically nothing definitely cooled my
jets.

Your excellent suggestion to use a receiver to boost the volume makes
me think of a old Adcom pre-amp tuner I have lying around.  Then I can
just use my audio system as the front end.  TIme to try it out.