Running Audio Over Home Network

I am in the USA and want to run sound into my 5 year old son's bedroom.
 He gets a night time story on CD as he falls asleep, but he tends to
play it over and over, having figured out the CD player, and he ends up
not getting enough sleep.  Why exercise parental control when there is
a technological solution?  Exactly!

I thought I'd run sound into his room so that we can control the
playback from downstairs.  Doing a little research made me realize I
couldn't share a remote CD-ROM drive and play the story through a
computer in his bedroom controlled remotely via VNC, so it's on to plan
B.

I have two CAT-5 cables with phone connectors spliced into two of the
unused wires in my 100MBS network.  I used them to run my Vonage phone
service up to my bedroom, but now that I dropped my POTS line, I just
run Vonage through the basic phone network in the house, so these
cables aren't needed, but they are just calling out to run mono sound
up to my son's bedroom.

Now I just need connections from a sound card out to a RJ-11 male jack.
 Then from a RJ-11 male jack to computer speaker inputs.  Don't really
have a question, but if anyone wants to comment or offer a suggestion,
I always like hearing other points of view.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.