Re: New Home Construction

> The other thing I am not hearing much about here is firebreaks, which are
> often irregular in height and a real PITA to get around.

Not with a long auger bit.  Works wonders for drilling up/down through them.

> Also in Calif, textured walls are very common and if you do have to open a
> hole to fish things through, matching the texture is a major pain.

True, but textured walls are often the contractors way to justify not having
decent plaster finishers on the job.

> Lastly smurf tubes are cheap.  If you are building, placing them in walls
is
> a good idea.

No argument there.  It's just not an either/or proposition.  Balancing
between the cost of adding them and having them in the wrong locations
versus not installing them at all and just fishing the wires as needed.  But
if you can really plan them right and can absorb the added costs then
conduits are certainly VERY helpful.