Re: New Home Construction

Although conduit throughout the house is probably not a "solution" to
the wiring issue (and it does add expense), there are some situations
that do benefit from conduit:

1.  Rooms with cathedral ceilings on slabs -- very common in California.
2.  In and around metal studs.
3.  Masonry walls
4.  "Feed" locations strategically placed for rooms that would require
long runs of "fishing" to get to.

Running conduit to a few extra low-voltage "boxes" in these situations
makes it fairly easy to fish up to keypad height (or down to outlet height).