Re: New Home Construction

> You noticed it's North Carolina but nobody seems to have noticed it's on
> four floors. I think conduit is a must.

A *riser* conduit, certainly.  But in-room conduits, that's an added cost
that can be avoided.  Having conduit space that runs top to bottom through
the whole house is a TREMENDOUSLY good idea.  Pulling a pair of 3" conduits
into a work box inside closets or something will make any future wiring
efforts considerable less of a hassle.  Either as a single 'stack' leading
up through the house or up to each floor as is convenient.  Some houses will
have a wall that lends itself to a single one.  But for others I'd be fine
with having ones that run upward to the most logical place for that floor.
As Robert points out, you want to be careful about bends.  Better to have
more than one stack dropping down into an unfinished basement space (or
easily accessed joist cavity) than to have stuff twising and turning through
too many bends.

-Bill Kearney