Re: New Home Construction

> I stand by my recommendation for conduit in metal studs ;-)

No argument there, but given the OP is talking about North Carolina it's
fairly likely to be wood framing.  I've friends in the area and most of it
is all wood stick framing.  As you suggest, pulling wire horizontally is a
pain in the ass, metal studs or not.  That's why I usually prefer to go
up/down and across a ceiling instead.

A tip, when pulling through conduit always pull a string along with the new
wire.  As a conduit fills up it becomes tricky to try pushing anything else
through later.  A wire fish tape might gouge the jacket on the existing
wire.  String's not without it's own hassles as things tend to get wound
together.  This is also why I suggested making sure you have EXTRA space in
that riser conduit, if not a whole other one.