Re: New Home Construction

Mitch replied to Robert B:

<stuff snipped>

> > There are knockouts for the purpose of running cable through metal
studs.
> > There are readily available bushings to fit the standardized KO's.
> >
> Trying to fish through the knockouts is less than fun.  I stand by my
> recommendation for conduit in metal studs ;-)

I second Mitch's motion.  If the bushings get knocked off by accident, a
hard pull can skin a lot of insulation off.

Conduit.  The wire goes in one end, it's almost *got* to come out the other
and not turn 90 degrees somewhere inside the wall and come spewing out some
other than intended hole.  It's *so* cheap compared to the )*&#$*&$#
frustration that's involved when the "knockouts turn bad"  that I can't see
doing it any other way anymore. At least for straight vertical runs.

--
Bobby G.