Re: Battery Boxes...What One Company Designed

I think that is the path I may take...in the past I have found that
since the electronics continue to get "better" it is usually not worth
trying to design in old stuff....and sometimes "old" means just a few
years old.

My cost for the UPS equipment I am able to find is nil but one needs to
factor in long time power usage (idle current), ability to replace it
when it fails and suitability for the home enviroment. It is a fool who
designs a system around a surplus component that when it fails, you
have to toss the whole system. This battery box in question is a
component that can be useful as my system evolves as it will.

This is one reason for the question of "what voltage" since it is
apparent that the trend is to different voltages than in the past.

TMT