Re: Battery Boxes...What One Company Designed

In message <1126968408.243469.263290@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Too_Many_Tools <too_many_tools@xxxxxxxxx> writes

>I think that is the path I may take...in the past I have found that
>since the electronics continue to get "better" it is usually not worth
>trying to design in old stuff....and sometimes "old" means just a few
>years old.
>
>My cost for the UPS equipment I am able to find is nil but one needs to
>factor in long time power usage (idle current), ability to replace it
>when it fails and suitability for the home enviroment. It is a fool who
>designs a system around a surplus component that when it fails, you
>have to toss the whole system.

I don't know.  Any future 'surplus' inverter is likely to be smaller,
cheaper and more powerful than its predecessor, and it's easy enough to
rewire to another battery voltage.

> This battery box in question is a
>component that can be useful as my system evolves as it will.
>
>This is one reason for the question of "what voltage" since it is
>apparent that the trend is to different voltages than in the past.

But not to a single obvious choice of voltage I fear.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore